Enliven your spirit at Casa Bacardi and learn its history, then see the highlights of Old San Juan on a driving tour.
Puerto Rico El Yunque Rainforest Hiking to Waterfall and Cliff Jumping Adventure
- Children & Adults Ages 5+
Discover Puerto Rico’s El Yunque Rainforest Hiking to a Waterfall and Cliff Jumping Adventure
On visiting Puerto Rico, the component rainforest should not be overlooked. Visiting our waterfalls, rivers, and forests is an event in and of itself. Let our secret spot blow your mind. Over 20 years of getting out there has led us to this enchanted marvel of a hike with swim and jump opportunities. Live an unmatched experience!
At the riverbed you will find pools and a tall rock face. A truly majestic waterfall will be visible immediately as you enter the clearing from under the canopy. Amazing pictures galore! You will receive detailed pointers on what to expect in certain spots and how to best interact with the landscape here. You will have the opportunity to swim and we will even show you a few places to jump from.
This out-and-back trip leaves from a beginning destination (trailhead) and continues to the designated waterfall location before returning on the same trail to our vehicle.
- The trail consists of an initial gentle sloping terrain (10 minutes) with another more inclined terrain (20 minutes) down to the waterfall. On the return leg the first part is the climb away from the falls and then the initial gentle terrain leading you back out.
- This trail has everything that you look forward to on a real true hike in the woods. You will make your way past wildflowers, passion fruit vines, and tropical hardwood trees. The wildlife consist of birds, snails, and others.
What to Bring/Attire
- Comfortable closed walking shoes (tennis or hiking shoes)
- Sandals, flip flops, crocs, etc. for after the tour (if desired)
- Swimsuits beneath clothing
- This trail and waterfall are not within the portion of El Yunque that is protected by the United States Forest Service.
- The trail is approx. 30 – 45 minutes long, depending on one’s fitness level.
After having a great time we will visit an authentic Puerto Rican restaurant to enjoy lunch. You will learn of our food and eat as a local.
Travel comfortably in a 14-passenger, air-conditioned vehicle.