Experience Mother Nature in one of her most intimate and delicate ecosystems. Join us for a tour of the bioluminescent bay at the La Parguera Reserve in Lajas, Puerto Rico!
San Juan Done Right! - Walking
- Children & Adults Ages 5+
- Infants Ages 0-4
Experience San Juan Done Right! – Walking Tour
Experience a delightful ode to unmatched Old San Juan. With half a millennium of groundwork on hand, allow us the privilege of presenting you our history in the context of the New Worlds’ conquest. Tour with Local Expert! #SJDoneRight
AM – Walking Tour (9:00am – 12:00pm) 3 Hrs.
Where and when does the tour start?
We provide complimentary pick-up and drop-off. Our interest is serving you and we therefore will contact you regarding the time and location. We ask that you are considerate of other guests. Please be there when we arrive at your scheduled pick-up.
What we will do!
Your certified Tour Guide will reveal marvels in Old San Juan. Visit the Old naval arsenal, continuing to Paseo de la Princesa (Princess Promenade) to enter old city through its historic San Juan Gate, believed standing since circa 1540. Once inside the old city, we will see Plazuela La Rogativa. Then go on to visit the Basilica Minor Cathedral San Juan Bautista, full of devotion, architecture, and art. Your guide will walk you through its history and mystique. Later learn about La Fortaleza, the official residence of Puerto Rico’s governor. Close by, take pictures of Christ Chapel, Pigeon Park, and La Casa Estrecha (the Narrowest House in the World). We will finish our tour stopping at Barrachina Restaurant, known as the place, that created the Piña Colada.
Among many, many other places where we stopped on this walking tour.
Additional Interactions Include:
- San Juan Cathedral (1528) the first place of worship.
- La Fortaleza (1533) the oldest seat of government still in continuous use in the Americas.
- San Juan Gate (1540) built as the original waterside access door.
- La Rogativa (1971) commemorates the townspeople for their defense of San Juan from an attack from the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1797.
- Ballaja Infantry Barracks (1854 – 1864) last monumental military architecture construction of our Spanish Colonial period.
- Columbus Square (1890) once called Plaza Santiago was the access point to the rest of the island therefore making it an important hub.
- Christ Chapel (1753) erected in recognition of a miracle.
- La Princesa (1837) built as a jailhouse, today Puerto Rico’s Tourism Company HQ.
We believe the insight gained from this experience will become invaluable to your understanding of us island dwellers’ idiosyncrasy. Our walking tour will end in the heart of old town and although we provide transportation back to your selected drop-off location, often our guests will stay in Old San Juan; for lunch, souvenir shopping, simply continue on with additional sightseeing. This is for you to decide.
This San Juan Done Right! is a walking tour. This structure provides you an all-encompassing (3 hours) detailed experience of the city interior with complimentary pick-ups and drop-offs included. We advise you wear comfortable shoes (no flip-flops), consider using sunblock, bring a hat or baseball cap and bring along water to stay hydrated during this walk.